Were you a girl scout growing up? I surprisingly was. I don’t think I really fit in with my scout group of girls since all of them were well-behaved and I was getting close to the age where I would get suspended multiples times. Middle school had some tough years. But I think I still fit in with my group because I was REALLY good at eating girl scout cookies. Pretty MEH with selling them, but eating…I crushed that. Especially Samoas. And if you’ve missed my previous recipes, I’ve made Samoa Brownies and Samoa Truffles here on the blog. But these No-Bake Samoas are even easier. I used this caramel sauce instead of making my own and it saved SO much time. Similar to my girl scout career, these cookies did not last long.
It’s so weird that I got suspended 3 times when I was younger because nowadays I HATE breaking the rules. I drive the speed limit, I never cut in line, and I never want to break any sort of rules…other than cursing at all times of the day. But I don’t see curse words as bad words soooooo. I remember getting suspended for telling the vice principal to shut up when she said something mean about my best friend. Then I got suspended another time for talking back to a teacher but he ended up hitting me in the back of the head so we ended up having to go to court a few times. I forgot about that until now. That was a dramatic 7th grade. Then I got suspended another time most likely for being a psychopath when my puberty hormones were trying to kill everyone around me. But I blacked out through those years so I can’t say for sure. Puberty is hard. How is anyone well-behaved through those years? I’m just proud for not getting arrested. NBD.
Man, I’m having a hard time concentrating at the moment while I type out this blog post. Because I LEAVE FOR THE BAHAMAS IN TWO DAYS!! But I need to get my sh*t together because wifi will be pretty limited when I’m there, which means I need to get all my blog posts done ahead of time. But since we are on the topic of suspension, I want to hear from YOU…have you been suspended? Expelled? Arrested? Or were you an angel who didn’t question authority? I need to hear your stories because I need to get to packing! Tell me your secrets!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 cups 1x
- 2 cups chocolate chips + 1/3 cup for melted chocolate on top
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, toasted
- 3/4 cup caramel sauce
- flake salt, for garnish
- Melt 2 cups of chocolate chips in a double boiler or in the microwave. If melting in the microwave, heat chocolate chips in 30 second increments, stirring every 30 seconds to make sure the chocolate doesn’t burn.
- Line a muffin tin with 12 silicone or paper liners and spray with coconut oil spray. Add 2 tablespoons of melted chocolate in the bottom of each liner and spread throughout the bottom and up onto the sides.
- Warm caramel sauce slightly in a double boiler or microwave. In a mixing bowl, add toasted coconut flakes and caramel sauce, and mix to combined.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the coconut flake/caramel mixture to each chocolate cup and press down slightly into the chocolate and flatten out the top.
- Melt the remaining 1/3 cup of chocolate chips then use a spoon the create a zigzag pattern on top of each caramel coconut cup. Lastly, add flaked salt on top of each.
- Place in the fridge to cool for about 10 minutes to harden. Before serving, let the treats come to room temperature for at least 5 minutes before serving the make sure the chocolate isn’t too hard to bite into.
More No-Bake Treats:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!