Thanksgiving Brown Butter & Herb Skillet Potatoes (+Cooking Video!)
I know these look like hasselback potatoes, but they aren’t quite that. And they aren’t really scalloped potatoes either. They are just simply thinly sliced potatoes covered in goodness and baked. And they are crazy easy but look like you tried. So on Thanksgiving day, it looks like you worked your ass off when you actually just drank wine and watched anything BUT football. Winning.
Have you prepped for Thanksgiving yet?! Last year I shared 27 Thanksgiving Recipes that ranged from appetizers to side dishes to desserts, but I wanted to give you a quick run down of my favorites plus some recipes I recently made! You should totally make some of these. OR ALL!
- Twice Baked Delicata Squash
- Apple Pie Cupcakes or Apple Pie Tartlets
- Maple Dijon Roasted Carrots
- Caramelized Onion & Sausage Stuffing
- Savory Bacon Butternut Squash Souffle or Bacon and Chive Sweet Potato Biscuits
- Brownie Eggnog Pumpkin Pie or Eggnog Pumpkin Pie with Gingerbread Crust
So get this. Our friends recently got married and just went on their honeymoon to Europe. When they got to the airport, they turned them away based on something with their passport. So they had to get a cab back home, fix the issue, then leave 24 hours later. They get to Europe and start having a great time and talking to some younger kids who seem awesome and then my guy friend notices that he doesn’t have his phone or wallet. The kids pickpocketed (is that a word?) him and stole his sh*t. So he chased him the streets of Europe, ends of tripping and losing him, then he’s lost in Europe with no phone, no wallet, and no wife because he had left her behind to get this guy. They finally both get back to their hotel and by that time, the guy had already changed all of his passwords on his social media outlets, his paypal and had run up his credit cards. All they had left with them was 1 debit card with hardly any money on it. Turns out, it was a tough trip. Not exactly romantic. So my husband invited them over for dinner tonight to get the whole story and celebrate their love over food. I’m making them my Bacon Chorizo Chipotle Smothered Meatloaf, these lovely potatoes, and kale cooked with bacon and lemon! I cannot wait to hear this full story. It was the first time this guy went to Europe and he never wants to leave the USA ever again. So sad!
Anywho, I made these potatoes last week, I’m making them tonight, and then I’m making them again next week for Thanksgiving. So yeah, you could say that I’m pretty much obsessed with them! Now go make them!!
Thanksgiving Brown Butter & Herb Skillet Potatoes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 3 pound gold potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 stick of unsalted butter or 8 tablespoons of ghee
- 1 heaping tablespoon minced sage
- 1 heaping tablespoon minced rosemary
- 1 heaping tablespoon minced thyme (plus extra thyme for garnishing)
- flaked salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Thinly slice potatoes using a mandoline slicer or food processor with the slicing attachment. Arrange potatoes in any formation in a 10″ cast iron skillet.
- Place a medium saute pan over medium heat. Add butter and once it melts, add sage, rosemary and thyme then cook for about 5-7 minutes, stirring continuously, until the butter has browned then remove from heat.
- Pour butter herb mixture over the potatoes, using a brush to get in the crevices of all the potatoes. Place extra thyme on top of potatoes and sprinkle with a couple hefty pinches of salt.
- Place in oven to cook for 1 hour and 15-30 minutes. Check out 1 hour and 15 minutes to see if the potatoes are completely cooked through.
- Serve immediately and eat up!
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!