Vietnamese Noodle Salad
Shrimp is currently one of my favorite proteins to cook with right now. Probably because it only takes minutes to cook up and I have a little colicky baby who demands 98% of my time at the moment. So I normally have a few minutes to spare each day…but 10 minutes for some ground beef…no way. That’s when Brian has to take over and finish dinner while I feed our girl. And honestly, I love cooking dinner so I’m going to do whatever I can to make it happen. Enter this recipe! It takes about 20 minutes to make and most of that time is simply chopping vegetables. It’s a meal that’s insanely easy to make and then it’s great for leftovers since it’s already served cold in the first place!
Our little girl Avery is officially 4 weeks old today! It’s been 4 wonderful weeks of getting to know this beautiful soul! I feel so incredibly lucky that she chose me to come through and chose us as her parents to carry her through her first chapter here. The last 4 weeks have been filled with bouncing her to sleep on the stability ball since that’s all that gives her comfort through her upset tummy, feeding her 4 million times per day, placing many desperate online orders to find the perfect item to make her life happier and our lives easier, and learning how to navigate a wiggly baby in one arm while typing with one finger on my computer with the other arm. New motherhood is challenging, but man is it beautiful. I can firmly say that I was put here to be Avery’s mom, and that’s a super cool feeling. Speaking of that, since I’m pumping and I’m all emptied out, it’s time to unhook these bad boys and enjoy some tummy time with that nugget.
Vietnamese Noodle Salad
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Total Time: 21 minutes
- Yield: 3-4 servings 1x
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/2 pound raw, peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3 mini cucumbers, julienned
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 yellow bell pepper, julienned
- 1 fresno pepper, sliced (if you don’t like spicy, I would skip this ingredient)
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- couple tablespoons of roughly torn mint
- couple tablespoons of roughly torn basil
- 1 package Miracle Noodles, drained*
- 3 tablespoons roasted and salted peanuts, roughly chopped
For the dressing
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons water
- Pat shrimp dry. Mix together salt, chili powder, and paprika then sprinkle it on both sides of the shrimp. Add 1 tablespoon of avocado oil to a medium nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Cook shrimp for 3 minutes per side or until no pink remains and the tails of the shrimp turn in. Set aside to cool.
- Slice all veggies and herbs, and add to a large bowl. Add the noodles and peanuts. Toss to combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Add the shrimp to the large bowl along with the dressing and toss until everything is combined. If you like a little extra kick, top with extra red pepper flakes. Eat up!
*Use whatever noodle brand you prefer!
What I Used To Make This Recipe:
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!