I’ve been in a funk mood lately. Not sure why. I have no reason to be. Workouts have been good. Food has been good. Social life has been good. So daily, I’ve had to say, ‘Juli, get your sh*t together. Go to the gym and be happy.’ And that’s what I’ve done. Seriously, the gym is the place I feel the happiest. How weird is that? It may be stupid to some, but doing a workout completely changes my attitude about everything. It’s the one place I can simply breathe. It’s the one place where I forget about anything that’s been worrying me. I love CrossFit.
Well, that was deep.
Guess what I did this weekend?! I hosted an All Women’s Lifting Seminar at CrossFit Jai. It was AWESOME. I had 8 wonderful women from all around Colorado who took time out of their Saturday to workout with me and listen to me crack terrible jokes. We got to review the olympic lifts and talk about boys. Not really, boys suck. But we did get to chat about our love for CrossFit and how amazing it has been in our lives. I hope they all had fun. Because I sure did. I even fed them these bars at the end of the class. CrossFit + Lemon Fruit Tart = happy women. Just fact.
Other than that, it was a pretty standard weekend. Let’s review what it included.
- Workouts that made my ass incredibly sore. I didn’t beat Jake or Sergio in a workout we did together, but I did butterfly pull ups the whole time so I was pumped. My hands feel indifferent since they seem to be one open wound.
- Intense amount of meats. Pork chops and Denver steaks to be exact. So much meat.
- Tequila shots. Regretted that decision immediately.
- Playing with the cutest puppy in the world. Jake and Krystle’s first child.
- Discovered a bee hive in the tree outside our house. That’s frightening.
- Made pumpkin fudge and blueberry waffles. Not sure if I’ll put those recipes on the website…because they may be going in something else soon…hmmmmmm….
- Ate a salmon and cream cheese omelet on a patio. No cream cheese is not paleo. Nor were the sweet potato fries that made my life wonderful. Yes, my mouth had a foodgasm.
- Watched ‘The Incredibles’ with Laura. OMG I love that freaking movie.
This weekend made me realize that I really just wished I lived in an Usher music video. Take that how you will.
For the crust
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup walnuts
- 1 heaping tablespoon Coconut Cream Concentrate or homemade coconut butter
- 1 heaping tablespoon raw honey
- pinch of salt
For the topping
- Place all crust ingredients in food processor and mix until completely broken down.
- Add crust ingredients to an 8x8 glass baking dish and press down to form an even crust. Put in fridge for about 20 minutes.
- While the crust is hardening, make your lemon topping.
- Place a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add your eggs, honey, coconut oil, and lemon juice to the saucepan and whisk together.
- Continue stirring together until mixture begins to thicken.
- Once lemon mixture has thickened, remove from heat, and place in bowl to cool in the fridge for about 20 minutes.
- When your lemon topping has cooled, spread it over your crust then place your raspberries and blueberries however you'd like! Make it look like a flag or a star. Do yo' thang.
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!