Posted by https://paleomg.com/biscuits-and-gravy-breakfast-pizza/
© 2018 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
Biscuits and Gravy Breakfast Pizza
For the pizza crust
For the sausage gravy
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 2 1/2 cup cashew milk
- lots of salt and pepper
For the toppings
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut milk, and olive oil. In a large bowl, mix together the flours, baking powder, and salt. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and whisk until smooth. Pour half the dough onto the lined baking sheet and use a silicone spatula to spread it out flat into a round crust. The crust will puff up a bit as it bakes, so try to get it as flat as possible with more dough towards the edges (this will keep the gravy and eggs from running too much over the sides). Repeat on another baking sheet. Place both baking sheets in the oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the crust is cooked through in the middle. It should feel like soft bread when you lightly press a finger in the center. Turn oven up to 400 degrees F.
- While the pizza crusts bake, place a large sauté pan over medium heat and add the breakfast sausage. Break up sausage into small pieces and cook until browned and cooked through. Remove sausage with a slotted spoon and set aside to drain on a paper towel.
- To the pan with the remaining fat (you will need 3-4 tablespoons of fat, so if you do not have enough, add some at this point) add in sage, rosemary and fennel and cook for about 1-2 minutes, until fragrant. Then whisk in tapioca flour, slowly adding it as you whisk. Once completely added, add the almond flour and whisk to combined. Then slowly pour in the cashew milk while continually whisking. Once combined, add the sausage back in along with a hefty pinch of salt and pepper and lower the heat to let mixture reduce for about 5 minutes at a low heat. Taste to see if it needs any more salt and pepper and add if needed.
- Divide the sausage gravy in half and pour half onto each pizza crust, spreading out evenly throughout the crust. Then use a spoon to make a three small indentations in the gravy of each pizza then crack an egg directly into those spots. Place pizzas in the oven to bake for 6-8 minutes, for a white top and runny yolk in all the eggs.
- Let rest for 3-5 minutes before slicing the pizza and garnish with chopped cilantro and chives.