Posted by https://paleomg.com/breakfast-fries/
© 2019 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
1 hour 15 minutes
1 hour 30 minutes
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 2 pounds yukon gold potatoes (or whatever white or sweet potato you prefer), cut into fry slices
- 2-3 tablespoons avocado oil
- hefty pinch of salt
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 4 eggs (or more depending on the number of people you are serving)
- 1/3 cup dairy-free cheese (I used Siete Foods Nacho Cheese Queso)
- 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil then place a wire rack on top. Spray wire rack with avocado oil spray, place pieces of bacon flat on the wire rack and place in oven to bake for around 20 minutes, until slightly crispy. Chop into pieces then set aside. Leave oven on.
- While the bacon cooks, cut potatoes into fry slices, toss in avocado oil, and sprinkle with salt. Place in an air fryer without overcrowding the basket (I had to cook my potatoes in 3 batches) and cook at 390 degrees F for 15-18 minutes, tossing every 4-5 minutes, until potatoes are crispy.
- While the potatoes are cooking, place a large nonstick sauté pan over medium heat, add breakfast sausage and break into small pieces, cooking until no pink remains, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In the hot pan with the remaining fat (about 2-3 tablespoons), turn the heat down to low, then crack 4 eggs into the pan to cook for 5-7 minutes, until whites are cooked through and yolks are still runny.
- Heat up dairy-free cheese in a saucepan or in the microwave until warm.
- To make sure everything is the same temperature, add the fries to the wire rack, top with the crumbled breakfast sausage, and bacon, and place in oven to bake for 5 minutes.
- Top fries with eggs, dairy-free cheese, sliced avocado, chives, and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper.