SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL!
If you know me, you know I LOVE football.
JK. Football is the worst.
But the husband is crapping his pants since the Chiefs are going to the Super Bowl, so I have to play nice and act interested. And luckily we also now live in a house that fits more than 2 people in it, so hosting is way more fun. Before I would have SO MUCH anxiety about people coming over because I didn’t know where people would sit, or eat, or watch TV. But now that we have actual room to hang out, I want to host all the time. We hosted a party just a week or so ago for whatever last game that leads up to the Super Bowl and I made some tasty little snacks. Brian failed pretty terribly at cooking ribs on the Traeger (we will blame it on his ear infection that led him to spending the afternoon in urgent care), but my snacks were delish. So I’m thinking we may have to host yet another party and fill it with snacks that don’t include cooking meat for 8 hours straight. I can’t totally trust him with the Traeger yet.
Luckily this dip takes barely any effort and only a tiny bit of cooking. But you can handle cooking bacon, right? I know you can! This dip idea came to me through another lovely human on the interwebs. My friend Jess leads a Food Freedom course to help women break away from their food and weight obsessions/addictions. And I recently chatted with her latest group of women to chat about my own food freedom journey. During that chat, one of the women talked about a dip competition she had been to and that her favorite dip was a cobb dip. I IMMEDIATELY wrote down the recipe idea in my phone and made sure that I created it just in time for the Super Bowl. This is such a fun spin on dip that I’ve never tried before and now I want to constantly have it in the fridge for snacks and topping on protein. It’s so bomb.
Now what you’ll need for this dip are two products that I’m OBSESSED with –
- Kite Hill Almond Milk Cream Cheese – No one will EVER know it’s dairy free! I get mine at Natural Grocers or Whole Foods
- Tessemae’s Ranch Mayonnaise – I get mine at Thrive Market
- Siete Foods Dip Chips – They just launched this new product and it’s AWESOME! I get mine at Whole Foods
These cream cheese and ranch mayo together remind me of a fresh and satisfying cobb salad, without the blue cheese on top. And the dip chip makes it the most satisfying grain-free, dairy-free dip experience of your life. If you can’t find these options, here are a few other ideas –
- Instead of Kite Hill Almond Milk Cream Cheese, I’ve heard that Miyoko’s Vegan Cream Cheese is a great option and the only ingredients in that brand is Organic Cashews, Filtered Water, Organic Coconut Cream, Sea Salt, Cultures. I have seen this brand at Target!
- If you can’t find Tessemae’s Ranch Mayonnaise, you can mix together Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Mayo with Primal Palate Garden Ranch Seasoning packet to create your own.
- If you can’t find Siete Foods Dip Chips, you can eat your dip with any other Siete Foods chips and I’ve also linked more grain-free chip ideas below the recipe!
If you can find these products I mentioned, I promise you it will be worst it! I’m really hyping this dip up, huh? I swear to you, it’s so bomb. And if I can talk this highly about a dip after being up ALL NIGHT with Jackson and going to the emergency vet at 4am, I think that says something. Now I may fall asleep while typing this, so please excuse me.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 20 Minutes
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 16 ounces almond milk cream cheese*
- 1/2 cup ranch mayonnaise**
- 1/2 teaspoon flake salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, thinly sliced and roughly chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, diced
- chives, roughly chopped
- other options (whatever toppings you prefer) – boiled eggs, red onion, diced chicken, etc
- Place bacon in a pan over medium heat. Cook for about 5 minutes per side, until bacon is crispy. Remove from pan and place on a paper towel to soak up excess fat. Then chop into small pieces.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, mayo, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Once combined, mix in most of the iceberg lettuce, leaving behind a handful for garnish.
- Now simply top with the rest of the ingredients – tomatoes, avocado, bacon, and chives! Serve immediately and keep in the fridge covered to chill for later!
*I used Kite Hill almond milk cream cheese
**I used Tessemae’s ranch mayonnaise
More Dip Ideas For Super Bowl Sunday!
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!