SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL!
Whipped Ricotta Pesto Dip
Why can’t end-of-the-year holidays be spaced out? It’s like BAM – Thanksgiving. Then BOOM – Christmas. And now BANG – New Years Eve. And within all those holidays is my husbands birthday. It’s just too many in a little over a month.Then before you know it, it’s 2019 and it’s time to come up with a new goal for the year. It’s a lot of responsibility when you just put up with family for over a month and braved the malls during a time that is suppose to be considered joyful and is actually true anger.
I spent the entire holiday without going to the mall and it was magical. Can we just give a moment of silence to online shopping. It’s the best. But yesterday I actually had to go in to the mall to grab one gift for my husbands birthday. Big mistake. Huge. I had no idea that Boxing Day was such a big deal to some companies. Especially Lululemon. I waited 15 minutes in a line OUTSIDE the store just to get inside to shop. Then once I was inside, it took over an hour to check out. I guess Boxing Day is Lululemon’s Black Friday since they are a Canadian based company. I stood in a line with bubbling teenagers who didn’t give AF about waiting in line because they were on winter break, while I sweated bullets and went on grinding my teeth worrying about missing appointments because of the wait. Oh to be a teenager again. The worst part though? I had absolutely no on sale items. I had to wait in the same line with everyone who found leggings for half price while I paid in full for my husbands items. I think I lost all my holiday spirit in that line. It’s gone. Gone until next year.
Luckily I’m looking forward to the New Year because not only will it be spent in Cabo again this year, but because I have a pretty good attitude about it. I’m excited for a New Year and a different outlook, even though it’s hard to tell in this post from my incessant complaining. With this upcoming New Year, I’ve decided that I want to be more confident. No more telling myself negative things, no more dwelling in the buts and what ifs, and no more thinking I’m not good enough. I’m over that sh*t and don’t want to feel that way anymore. I’ll be doing a post all about that in the New Year and I’ll also be sharing posts about cleaning up your diet in the easiest way possible, finding a healthy relationship with exercise, AND simple ways to live a badass life! I’m super excited for the New Year posts to get YOU excited about the future! Until then, you should totally make this dish for you NYE party! And here are a few other snack ideas if you’re looking for some inspiration –
- Caramelized Onion Bacon Cream Cheese Dip (+cooking video)
- New Year’s Eve Champagne Cupcakes
- 4 Ingredient Chocolate Mint Cashew Clusters
- Bacon Wrapped Buffalo Chicken Jalapeños
- New Year’s Eve Fingerling Hasselback Loaded Potato Bites
- New Year’s Eve Rosemary Honey Mustard Chicken Wings
- New Year’s Eve Blackberry Bellini
Whipped Ricotta Pesto Dip
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 18 minutes
- Yield: 8-10 1x
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- 2 (8 ounce) containers of almond milk ricotta*, softened to room temperature
- 1 (8 ounce) container of almond milk cream cheese*, softened to room temperature
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons pesto (I used Seggiano dairy-free pesto)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place cherry tomatoes on it. Toss in olive oil and garnish with a bit of salt and garlic powder. Place in oven to bake for about 8 minutes, until the tomatoes begin to slightly blister.
- Place ricotta and cream cheese in a large bowl and whip with a mixer for 3-5 minutes until light and fluffy. Then add in lemon zest and juice, a bit of salt and garlic clove. Whip once more for about 30 seconds to combine.
- Add whipped ricotta to a serving dish and add pesto, using a spoon to mix the pesto into the ricotta. Top with black pepper and blistered tomatoes and serve with veggies and/or grain-free crackers!
*I used Kite Hill brand
More Dip Ideas for NYE!
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!