Crockpot Hot Chocolate
Things are getting chiiiiiiilly around here in Denver. Snow is coming, seasonal depression is coming, and all I can think of is travel at this point. For quite a few years, I had the travel bug and I was constantly in different states or countries, but it’s now been over a year since I’ve traveled and I’m ok with that. First we moved homes, then Jackson got sick and we cancelled some of our travel because of it, then the world shut down and travel became a thing of the past. But I want it back now. I want a different climate, different people, and different food. I need something different. Luckily we are traveling soon and have more trips planned for 2021. What does this have to do with crockpot hot chocolate? Absolutely nothing. But when do any of my posts ever have to do with the recipe?
You know what else doesn’t have to do with the recipe? The fact that I’ve been rewatching Gilmore Girls lately and loving every second of it. I was never a diehard GG fan, but that’s probably due to the fact that I was 12 when it launched and had far too much ADHD to follow a plot at that point in my life. But now I have a whole new love for the show. It’s kind of a like comfort food – you know what’s coming and you enjoy every second of it. Kind of like watching The Office. And don’t you dare tell me you don’t like The Office. My dad once told me that and I almost had to part ways from him forever. We made it through, though. Now I do all my cooking and cleaning with GG on in the background and it makes for a quite lovely day. Highly recommend it.
You know what else I recommend? This hot chocolate recipe. It’s stupid easy, it’s rich, thick, creamy, and you don’t have to watch it on the stovetop. You literally just put everything in a crockpot and call it a day. Actually, you call it 2 hours or it will burn. But how nice would this be to have at the house during the holidays while you wrap gifts or hang out with your family? It doesn’t take up any precious stovetop space and people can just serve themselves when they see necessary. Genius. And if you want to be an adorable host, which I am not, you can cut out a heart stencil from a folded piece of paper and sprinkle some cocoa powder on top of a mallow to make some love mallows. Adorable, absolutely adorable.
Crockpot Hot Chocolate
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 2 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 servings 1x
- 14 ounces canned full fat coconut milk (or heavy cream)
- 5 cups oat milk (or almond, macadamia, dairy, etc.)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Add all ingredients for the hot chocolate to a crockpot and whisk until combined.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 hours, stirring every 20-30 minutes or so to keep the chocolate chips from settling at the bottom. Crockpots all are a little different when it comes to temperatures so keep an eye on it to make sure the chocolate doesn’t burn. You’ll want the temperature to reach anywhere between 160-185 degrees F.
- After 2 hours, whisk before serving. Serve with marshmallows on top!
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!