Posted by https://paleomg.com/easy-sheet-pan-spatchcock-chicken-dinner/
© 2019 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
Easy Sheet Pan Spatchcock Chicken Dinner
1 hour 5 minutes
- 4-5 pound whole chicken, giblets removed
- 3-4 tablespoons Primal Palate Steak Seasonings
- 4-5 gold potatoes, quartered
- 4-5 carrots, chopped (similar size as the potatoes)
- 2-3 bulbs of garlic
- avocado oil or other fat
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place chicken breast side down, with the legs towards you. Using poultry shears, cut up along each side of the backbone to remove it. Turn the chicken over then press down on the breastbone with the heel of your hand to flatten it out. Place the flattened chicken on a baking sheet.
- Toss potatoes and carrots in avocado oil, salt and pepper and garlic powder and place throughout the sheet pan around the chicken. Then cut off the end of the garlic bulb, exposing the cloves of garlic and pour some avocado oil into the bulb to coat, sprinkle with salt and place on baking sheet.
- Place in oven to bake for 50 minutes, until the thickest part of the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Once everything is cooked, slice the chicken to serve then squeeze the garlic cloves out. I eat these garlic cloves by themselves but they are great when you mash them and mix it with a little olive oil and salt! Sprinkle with parsley on top and eat up, buttercup!