S’mores Banana Bread
This week we were supposed to be in Spain, but since the world flipped upside down and travel is a no-go at the moment, we are looking for something to do in Colorado that feels like vacation. I’ve been working 7 days a week recently and I need a little time to breathe and stop thinking about work for at least a couple hours. So we are heading to the mountains for a couple days. And the hotel we are staying at serves s’mores every night by the fire…which is inspiration behind this banana bread that is about to rock your world. Also, I had bananas that were about to attract fruit flies and stink up our whole pantry. Think of this banana bread as vacation bread. A meal that will whisk you off to an area far far away from your quarantine home. This banana bread is about to rock your world.
If you’ve been reading my blog posts for the past couple weeks, you’ve probably noticed that I’ve been sharing recipes outside the paleo rules. I’ve changed my own diet recently, adding in beans for extra fiber, and I’ve been trying more things that aren’t strict paleo. And it’s been a lovely experience. So I’m passing those recipes on to you so you don’t miss out of any delicious recipe I make. This recipe uses gluten free flour, but I KNOW for a fact that I will questions is other flours can be used, like almond flour or coconut flour or paleo baking flour. The answer is – I have no clue. I tested this recipe only with gluten free flour and it came out PERFECT so I didn’t want to try it any other way and fuck it up. If you do try the recipe with any other flour and it works out, please leave a comment below to let others know what worked for you!
What is it about banana bread that is so damn comforting? I remember my mom used to buy banana bread or pumpkin bread when I was in high school and since I knew nothing about nutrition at that point, I thought it was healthy and I would eat the entire loaf in 2 days. If it has banana or pumpkin in the title, it HAS to be good for you, right? That’s the story I would prefer to tell myself. I would also prefer to tell myself that giant cookies the size of pizzas with frosting covering every inch of the top is healthy, as well. Those cookies were a big part of my life in college and I will never forget those beautiful moments that gave me stomach aches for days on end. College was the tits.
Gluten Free S’mores Banana Bread
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 35 minutes
- Yield: 8-10 slices 1x
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup melted butter (ghee, coconut oil, etc.)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (plus extra for topping the banana bread)
- 4–5 gluten free graham crackers, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup vegan marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a bread pan with coconut oil spray and line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas then mix in melted butter, maple syrup, egg, and vanilla extract. Then slowly mix in the gluten free flour, baking soda, and salt. Once combined, fold in chocolate chips. Pour mixture into greased bread pan.
- Top the batter with graham crackers throughout, then add marshmallows and chocolate chips on top.
- Place in the oven to bake for 1 hour-1 hour and 15 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean from the middle and marshmallows have browned. Let rest for 10 minutes before removing from bread pan and slicing into 8-10 slices!
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!