Posted by https://paleomg.com/thanksgiving-brown-butter-herb-skillet-potatoes/
© 2016 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
1 hour 30 mins
- 3 pound gold potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 stick of unsalted butter or 8 tablespoons of ghee
- 1 heaping tablespoon minced sage
- 1 heaping tablespoon minced rosemary
- 1 heaping tablespoon minced thyme (plus extra thyme for garnishing)
- flaked salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Thinly slice potatoes using a mandoline slicer or food processor with the slicing attachment. Arrange potatoes in any formation in a 10" cast iron skillet.
- Place a medium saute pan over medium heat. Add butter and once it melts, add sage, rosemary and thyme then cook for about 5-7 minutes, stirring continuously, until the butter has browned then remove from heat.
- Pour butter herb mixture over the potatoes, using a brush to get in the crevices of all the potatoes. Place extra thyme on top of potatoes and sprinkle with a couple hefty pinches of salt.
- Place in oven to cook for 1 hour and 15-30 minutes. Check out 1 hour and 15 minutes to see if the potatoes are completely cooked through.
- Serve immediately and eat up!