Happy V(G)alentine’s Day, you little lovers out there! Are you celebrating Valentine’s Day with your lover or Galentine’s Day with waffles and your best friend? I’m not really doing either. Because instead, this weekend we leave for a Valentine’s trip to Phoenix. We went to Phoenix last year in February and didn’t have the best weather (I mean, it was 60 degrees which was still warmer than Denver and I was out by the pool anyways) but it looks like we will be greeted with mid 70’s temperatures and hopefully a hot air balloon ride. As of right now on the to-do list: eat, sleep, massage, pool cabana, workout, more eating, more spa experiences, and some making out in between. Not a bad weekend.
Speaking of lovers, our gym had a singles day over the weekend. About 30 people came and did workouts together then went out for drinks and getting to know each other. I’ve been at this gym for 7 years now and this singles thing is very new. There were no single get-togethers when I was single. It was fend for yourself in the wild west of dating. However, I still did meet my husband at the gym. Dating someone at the gym can be disastrous but it can also work out in the best way. And luckily, we worked out and neither one of us had to quit the gym! Since our gym moved locations a little over a year ago (moving closer to downtown), we’ve been getting all sorts of good looking men and women. And watching the relationships and “relationships” go down has been magical. Gym lovers drama is the best thing ever to gossip about at our ladies potluck nights. I live for it.
But enough about lovers. Let’s talk about something EXCITING…tomorrow! You know what tomorrow is?! The launch of my new leggings line!! In case you missed it in November, I came out with my first pair of leggings. And since those first pair did so well, I teamed up with Four Athletics again to come out with SIX NEW PAIRS of leggings!! I’ve been sharing sneak peeks of the leggings on my instagram story throughout the week, but tomorrow is the official launch date! These leggings will only be available for 20 days then the campaign will end and they will go to print and into your hands!
After the first pair of leggings launched, we took everyone’s feedback and improve this next round. They are thicker, a different fabric, and they are also a different style. I personally like having all sorts of different style leggings on hand and these 6 pairs have something to offer for everyone out there! So excited to share them with you guys and can’t wait to see what you guys think!! Stay tuned tomorrow! And in the meantime, go enjoy some delicious food! And don’t forget to make my Valentine’s Day Dairy-Free Cream Cheese Chocolate Chunk Cookies!
- 2 bundles of multicolored carrots, peeled
- 2 tablespoons high heat avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 2 filet mignon
- salt, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
For the béarnaise sauce
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 small shallot, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, roughly chopped
- 3 egg yolks, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup melted ghee
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place peeled carrots on a baking sheet and toss in high heat avocado oil, salt and some garlic powder, to taste. Place in oven to roast for 25-30 minutes, depending on how you like your carrots (I like mine pretty burnt).
- As soon as you get your carrots in the oven, place a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoons of ghee. Once pan is very hot, pat filet mignon dry, sprinkle with salt and garlic powder on one side, then add to your hot pan. Once it's in the pan, salt and garlic powder the other side. Now leave it alone. Depending on the thickness of your filet mignon, you'll want to let the steaks cook for about 8-10 minutes per side. After 8 minutes, turn your steak and you should have a golden crust on the seared side. Cook for another 8-10 minutes. To get the perfect cooked steak, use a meat thermometer and remove steak from pan once it hits 145 degrees F, for medium rare. After you remove your steak from the pan, let it rest on a cutting board for 5-10 minutes. This resting period is very important because it will reabsorb all the juices and create a very tender, juicy and flavorful steak. Don't skip this part! Your lover will thank you.
- While the steak cooks, make your béarnaise sauce. In a small skillet, add white wine, red wine vinegar, shallot and tarragon. Cook for about 5-8 minutes, until the liquid cooks off. Then pour the cooked shallot and tarragon into a tall mason jar or glass. Add 3 room temperature egg yolks. Place an immersion blender in the bottom of the glass, turn on then slowly pour the warm ghee to help emulsify the mixture. Once combine and thickened, fold in lemon juice, parsley, and salt!
- Once steak has rested, serve up with roasted carrots and béarnaise on the side so your guest can choose however much they want to pour on top! Happy lovers day!
More Valentine’s Day Dinner Ideas
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!