Posted by https://paleomg.com/air-fryer-meatloaf/
© 2019 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
- 1/2 pound thick cut bacon
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 egg*
For the sauce
- Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Mix together meatloaf ingredients in a large bowl with clean hands until completely combined. Then whisk together sauce ingredients in a separate bowl and set aside.
Line a 9x5 loaf pan
with slightly overlapping strips of bacon
. Place the meatloaf mixture on top of the bacon
then wrap the strips around the meat to completely surround the meatloaf. Then tip the pan over the remove the meatloaf.
- Place the meatloaf in the air fryer. I put mine at a diagonal to fit. Turn oven heat up to 350 degrees F then timer up to 50 minutes.
- Once timer hits the 30 minutes mark, press pause, and using a basting brush to brush about 3 tablespoons of the sauce on top of the meatloaf. Lightly cover the meatloaf with a piece of tin roil. (This will keep the bacon from burning in the remaining cooking time.)
- Cook for 16 more minutes, then remove the foil, baste the meatloaf once more in about 3 tablespoons of the sauce then let cook without the foil for the remaining 4 minutes.
- Once cooked, let the meatloaf rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Just a heads up, it's definitely a little challenging getting the meatloaf out. Once the wire rack has cooled, you'll be able to slightly push up and raise the wire rack up from the basket. Or you can always use a couple handy dandy spatulas. This will be the hardest part of your day, calm down.
*To make this meatloaf egg free, I used Bob's Red Mill Egg Replacer