French Toast Waffles
Do you ever wake up in the morning and think, “I wanna be a sexy breakfast bitch today” but it feels too complicated to whip up pancakes or waffles or muffins? Not to worry. This recipe will make you the sexiest breakfast bitch of all time, all without much effort or work. Your family will think you tried hard and all you will have to do is laugh at their stupidity. Ok, that took it too far. Your family is not stupid. I’m sure they are lovely. Maybe they are stupid, how am I suppose to know. Either way, they will adore you for making this embarrassing easy recipe and they will think you worked your ass off for them. And that’s all life really is, right? Making life look like you tried harder than you actually did. Jeez, what am I even saying? I’m in a hella weird mood today.
I think I’m in a weird mood because I’m getting nervous about filming my next fitness program! Both my Power Program and Power30 Program were filmed in a studio space by a film crew. Then my Power Body Program was filmed at home, on our patio, by myself during quarantine. And now I’m working on my Power Sculpt Program, which is going to be a 6-month (or maybe longer!) strength program that helps you strengthen, tone, and sculpt your body. Before quarantine, I was already thinking about putting a gym together in the basement so I could film fitness programs in the comfort of our own home and not have to worry about other people at the gym in the background or dealing with permits or whatever else came up. So now I’m getting all the lighting together, figuring out the microphone details, and getting anxiety about the whole thing. It’s just a whole new world that I’m navigating and basements tend to be dark, so I want to get it all right. I know everything will all work out, but my tendency is to give myself an ulcer from stress long before I find out everything is working great. Super level headed over here.
But for now, it’s one thing at a time. First I need to sip on some unsweetened oat milk since I’ve given up caffeine and sugar, then I’m off to take Jackson to the park to get his own exercise in the for the day. Have you guys tried this cacao drink? I’m thinking that once I’m back to drinking teas and/or adaptogen drinks, I may try that one! I looked at it once on instagram so now I get ads for it every 6 seconds. It feels like my caffeine days might be mostly over, I may go back decaf once in a while, but this drink might be a great alternative when I just want something more than unsweetened oat milk in the morning. I just need to talk to someone who has tried the cacao drink before I actually purchase it. I need firsthand experience. Give it to me.
French Toast Waffles
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 5-7 1x
- 1 loaf of gluten free or paleo bread (I used Canyon Bakehouse Mountain White Bread)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the toppings
- 1/4 cup coconut milk whipped cream
- maple syrup – a lot of it
- mint leaves, for garnish
- Heat up waffle iron and spray with oil of choice.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together eggs, almond milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Place each piece of bread into the mixture and let it soak for 5-10 seconds per side (gluten free bread isn’t quite as soft as normal bread, so you’ll want to make sure it soaks up as much moisture as possible). Place each piece of bread into each square in the waffle iron and close waffle iron tight. Follow waffle maker directions and cook until no liquid remains and both sides of the bread are browned.
- Garnish with all the berries, a big spoonful of coconut whipped cream, mint leaves, the pour a whole lot of maple syrup on it. Don’t skimp. Don’t be dumb.
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!