New Cooking Video!!
Have you guys seen my recent cooking videos?? My goal is to share a new cooking video with you guys every Tuesday, but the cooking videos I recently recorded were all old recipes just so I could get the hang of the videos and get comfortable with the camera crew. So in case you missed it, here are the cooking videos I shared:
- Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Energy Balls
- Brown Butter & Herb Skillet Potatoes
- Sheet Pan Breakfast Bake
- Greek Yogurt Fluffy Waffles
Soooooo I’m in Mexico right now and all I want out of life is to be home. It’s been a tough trip. Our airbnb has smelled like poop the entire time, I bruised the sh*t out of my foot somehow, then I got the most painful food poisoning of my life. Like, AWFUL!! I slept 10 hours last night and it was so needed. For our last day, I spent most of my time in bed. And now eating and drinking anything while still in Mexico sounds absolutely awful but I’m still incredibly hungry and dehydrated. I’ve been to Mexico probably 5 or 6 other times and I’ve never been sick like this. But I’ve also always stayed at an all inclusive resort and this time we rented an apartment. Now I’m regretting renting an apartment.
When I talked about getting food poisoning on my instagram, a bunch of people wrote me letting me know that they got food poisoning from the same Thai restaurant I went to and some got food poisoning from shrimp, which I ate A LOT of. I rarely eat shrimp at home since I live in a landlocked state and thought shrimp when you’re right by the ocean made more sense, but I guess I was completely wrong.
I guess I need to stay home for a while and just eat chocolate bark. Yep, that definitely makes more sense. But that won’t be happening any time soon because I land tonight at 8pm and leave for Omaha first thing tomorrow morning. Sheesh. I miss my bed! And non-feces smelling home.
For the caramel sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream or full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup fine maple sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
For the bark
- Make caramel sauce: In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine all the ingredients. Stir until completely combined. Bring to boil then set a time for 12 minutes, being sure not to let the mixture boil over. After 12 minutes, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 more minutes or until the caramel coats the back of a spoon. Remove from heat, let cool for 5 minutes.
- While the caramel sauce cooks, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place pecans on baking sheet and in the oven to roast for 10 minutes until dark and fragrant.
- Melt chocolate in double boiler or in the microwave.
- Pour chocolate on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and spread evenly throughout.
- Add cookies to melted chocolate along with toasted pecans. Use a spoon to spread caramel throughout the chocolate. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top along with flake salt.
- Place in freezer to harden for 30 minutes then break into pieces.
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Cooking Videos / Holiday / Treats