Can we just take a moment to freak TF out that it’s already September. I don’t know about your world, but mine definitely didn’t include a summer this year. The most exciting thing I did this summer was check myself into a hotel for a night and order room service. We didn’t have our normal summer trips or outdoor patio dates because of Covid and now it’s September and we are supposed to celebrate Labor Day…the end of summer. What in the F. How strange is life these days? Before all we worried about was the amount of burgers needed at the Labor Day BBQ and now we are worried about giving someone a life ending disease at that BBQ. Life is weird, man. But we will prevail! And we will start with a little taco dip this weekend to hopefully make things feel a tad more normal!
This recipe is another recipe with beans in it. Yes, I know beans are not paleo. But since they are part of my own diet these days, I’m sharing all those new household recipes HERE, as well! Take em or leave em! If beans aren’t your things, I have around 1000 other strictly paleo recipes to choose from! You could try my Mediterranean Dip or my Cobb Dip or Caramelized Onion Bacon Cream Cheese Dip, or even my Greek Avocado Dip. Lots and lots of options for you! I dip, you dip, we did. We are one. One dip, one world. Wtf am I saying?
What do you have planned for Labor Day weekend? We got NOTHING! I made a Fruit Pizza the other day, which I’ll be sharing on the blog this week, so I may make that to share with our household. And when I say household, I mean my husband and my SIL who visits every week. If Jackson didn’t have kidney disease, he would get some, too. I follow this Frenchie account on instagram where the owner and the dog sit and eat a new food every day together. They eat pizza, breadsticks, pineapple, apples, broccoli, sushi…WITH CHOPSTICKS. This dog is talented and so well fed. Do I wish I could feed Jackson pizza? Absolutely. But he simply get red bell pepper instead. Sometimes carrots. And cucumber. Living his best life? Not exactly, but living his semi-ok long life! That’s what matters, right? Right.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 8-10 servings 1x
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon taco seasonings
- 1 teaspoon salt
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 15 ounces refried beans
- 2 tablespoons medium green chiles
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups guacamole
- 12 ounces sour cream (dairy-free, if preferred)*
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 2 cups pico de gallo
- 2.25 sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup sliced pickled jalapeños
- 2–3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- served with grain-free tortilla chips
- Place ground beef, onion, and red bell pepper in a large pan over medium heat. Break meat into small pieces. Once almost cooked through, add the taco seasonings, salt, and lime juice, mix to combined. Set aside once cooked through.
- In a blender or food processor, blend together refried beans, green chiles, salt, and broth until smooth.
- In a baking dish, spread the refried beans throughout the bottom of the dish. Top with the ground beef mixture and spread evenly on top of the beans. Next top with guacamole, then sour cream, iceberg lettuce, pico de gallo, black olives, pickled jalapeños, and cilantro on top.
- Serve chilled with grain-free tortilla chips!
*Forager brand has a clean, dairy-free sour cream option!
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!