Posted by https://paleomg.com/taco-pizza/
© 2018 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
For the pizza crust
For the taco meat
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 jalapeno, diced
- 1 pound grass-fed ground beef
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons taco seasonings
For the pizza toppings
- 3/4 cup guacamole
- 1/3 cup grass-fed sour cream*
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce, thinly sliced
- green onions, diced
- 1/4 cup dairy-free nacho cheese dip (warm before topping pizza with)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut milk, and olive oil. In a large bowl, mix together the flours, baking powder, and salt. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and whisk until smooth. Pour the dough onto the lined baking sheet and use a silicone spatula to spread it out flat. The crust will puff up a bit as it bakes, so try to get it as flat as possible. Make the crust any shape you want it, but try to fill most of the baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the crust is cooked through in the middle. It should feel like soft bread when you lightly press a finger in the center.
- While the pizza crust bakes, make the taco meat. In a large pan, add 2 tablespoons ghee. Once warm, add the peppers and onion and sauté until peppers are browned and onions are translucent. Then add jalapeño, garlic and a bit of salt and cook for 2 more minutes, until fragrant. Add ground beef and break into small pieces. Cook until no pink remains and then add lime juice, hot sauce and taco seasonings. Taste and add salt, if needed.
- Top warm pizza crust with guacamole and spread evenly throughout the crust. Then do the same with sour cream. Then add taco meat evenly throughout and then top with cherry tomatoes, black olives, thinly sliced iceberg lettuce, green onion and top it all off with the warm nacho cheese dip! Cut into slices and serve immediately!