Well today is just so exciting, isn’t it? It’s Cinco de Mayo! And you know what?! IT FEELS LIKE SUMMER AND I LOOOOOOVE IT!! Last night, I played with Jackson in the front yard until the sun went down, just throwing the ball back and forth and wearing him out. All in a tank top. And then we actually had to turn the air conditioning on for the first time this year. I love how early the sun rises and how late it sets. It’s just the absolute best time of year.
This summer is turning out to be somewhat busy! I have plans to go to Austin for Paleo(fx), Vegas for a Bachelor/Bachelorette party, Washington to see my friend and her new squishy baby, San Antonio for a book release party and Portland…just to eat. And I think I’ll have a few more trips splashed in there as time goes on! I mentioned earlier this year that I wanted this year to be the year of travel and it’s definitely turning out to be that way! I’m still trying to talk the husband into going to the Keys, but since I booked a trip to Costa Rica next year, he thinks I need to just relax. I think I need to just relax…in the Keys. I’ll keep pushing, he’ll come around.
Are you doing anything for the Derby this year? I don’t know how it is in other states, but the Derby is all huge here. There’s a GIANT party that’s thrown with unlimited food and drink (I’ve never gone…because I hate people, especially in large drunken groups) and then people have all sorts of small parties everywhere. Lots of mint juleps are sipped on, which I think is disgusting because the bourbon ruins everything else that’s going on in that drink. As I get older, less of my friends are spending money on outfits and dressing up for the Derby and are just staying home instead. Which I’m totally down for. I have a backyard to landscape, I don’t care about purchasing a little weird hat that I can’t pronounce. Fascinator or some sh*t like that. I don’t even know how I got on this subject, let’s talk about this cocktail.
Let me preface by saying, if your goal is to lose weight, stop drinking. If your goal is to have a healthier option for a cocktail on your fun day, then here ya go! I’m a big believer in limiting alcohol, but I’m also a big believer in still enjoying your life. That’s why I make these cocktails for you guys, so you still have options! And if you’re looking for more Cinco de Mayo inspiration, just check out the links I posted below! More cocktails, entrees and a few dips! Go enjoy your Cinco de Mayo without throwing your healthy lifestyle out the door!
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 2 cups frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 cup silver agave tequila, divided
- ½ cup lime juice, divided
- 4 ounces Grand Marnier, divided (optional - it's great without it)
- 2 heaping tablespoons agave nectar, divided
- Place frozen strawberries, ½ cup tequila, ¼ cup lime juice, 2 ounces Grand Marnier, and 1 tablespoon agave nectar in a blend and blend until completely smooth. Pour mixture into 2 large margarita glasses or 4 small ones.
- Rinse blender out then place frozen pineapple and all the rest of the tequila, lime juice, grand manner and agave nectar in the blender and blend until smooth. Top each margarita glass with the pineapple mixture and use a straw to swirl the mixture.
Make Your Cinco de Mayo Perfect with These PaleOMG Recipes: