I keep thinking I want another dog and then BOOM, reminder that it may not be the best idea. Like the other day, while babysitting my friends Frenchie. I babysat him a couple weeks ago and he decided to pee in Jackson’s bed. Of course, he’s puppy so whatever, I got Jackson a new bed and then moved on. But then the other day, he decided he wanted to do it again. Marking territory is kind of the worst. Maybe one potty trained dog is enough…
You guys, guess what? Soon I’ll be starting weekly giveaways to celebrate the upcoming release of my newest cookbook! I plan on giving away all kinds of stuff like food, organic beauty products, Le Creuset pots and pans, knives and a blendtec! Soon, I’ll be doing a giveaway every dang week! That’s so many chances to win something exciting to help keep you inspired in the kitchen! Oooo I can’t wait! Be sure to check back on the blog every day because giveaways start soon!!
Wait, did you guys see my instagram yesterday!! I noticed that Amazon has my newest cookbook Juli Bauer’s Paleo Cookbook on sale right now for 43% off!! That’s down from $35.95 to $19.77!! So if you preorder it right now and the price goes up before release date, you’ll still lock down that price! Amazon changes their prices whenever they see fit so don’t miss this deal!! Preorder it today and it will ship out on August 18th right to your doorstep!
Ok last thing about the book. Sorry I’m just so excited about it! Book tour plans are underway and I’ve already started a list of cities I have nailed down. Still trying to confirm a few BUT I want you to know as soon as possible. Click here for a list of East Coast cities I’ll be stopping by. And yes, I’ll be adding more all over the place once those are confirmed! Just check out the tab at the top labeled: Book Tour 2015!
Riddle me this, guys. Why do people join Facebook’s when they get married? Like they become one person when they marry. They’re no longer Katherine and Matt, their new profile is MattKatherine. What if I just want to message Katherine and not Matt? Why is this Facebook right refused? Are you one of those people? Come on man!! I’m super excited to get married but I think I’m cool with keeping my Facebook identity to Juli. I want people to still think of me as Juli, not JuliBrian.
That was a bit of a tangent. Back to what we are all thinking about. Holiday weekend!!! July 4th is here and that means time to get a tan and get your grub on. During summer months, I notice a lot of people kind of forget about eating healthy because there are so many sh*tty options around during summer bbq’s. I’m here to tell you to GET IT TOGETHER. You don’t need to be that person! I have about a million recipes for a bbq party in this post, but I’ll share my favorites below!
- Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- Chunky Pineapple Guacamole with Grilled Sweet Potato Chips
- Baby Pizza Bites
- Roasted Red Pepper Dip
- Bacon Lime Sweet Potato Salad
- Cinnamon Bacon Backyard Sweet Potatoes
- Grilled Pineapple Burgers with Spicy Avocado Cream
- Southwest Turkey Sliders with Spicy Avocado Slaw
- Triple Protein Burger
- Mexican Inspired Burgers
- Mini Layered Ice Cream Pops
- Lemon Fruit Tart
- Chocolate Coffee Caramel Bars
- No Bake Sticky Apple Pie Bars
- Place water, maple sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk until sugar dissolves and creates a simple syrup. Set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, place simple syrup in a blendtec along with half of the strawberries. Blend until completely combine, then add the rest of the strawberries and blend once more until completely smooth.
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds* and freeze for at least 3-4 hours, if not longer (I froze mine overnight)
- Once popsicles are hard, melt chocolate chips in a double boiler or microwave. Dip the end of each popsicle into melted chocolate and set on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and set back into the freezer for 10 minutes to harden chocolate.
- Then eat up!!
More for the 4th!
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Holiday / Treats